If a legal concern involves your family in Broome County or surrounding central New York communities, I am here to provide clear, compassionate and professional counsel. I have been repeatedly chosen by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for New York. As well as receiving awards as a distinguished Attorney and being admitted into the Presidential Circle of Who's Who among North American Attorneys.
For over 40 years, I have built a reputation for skill, integrity and the ability to identify practical, productive solutions for men and women in crisis. Many past clients and fellow lawyers refer people to me with confidence knowing they will be treated with the utmost care and respect.
Attentive Counsel For People Facing Divorce And Other Family Crises
I am attorney Lauren S. Cohen, and my knowledge and experience cover a vast spectrum of matrimonial and domestic relations law matters. I welcome people across the cultural landscape, including same-sex couples and unmarried parents. You can depend on me for valuable insight if your concerns involve:
- Divorce law: I help people identify the best strategies based on thorough understanding of their priorities. Whether you can complete an uncontested divorce or need aggressive representation in an intensely disputed case, my firm is an outstanding resource.
- Custody and visitation: Protecting mothers' and fathers' rights while promoting the best interests of children is a central focus of my law practice.
- Adoption services: I help people navigate the processes required for stepparent adoptions, other in-family adoptions and private adoptions with efficiency and sensitivity.
- Grandparents' rights: If you have questions about your ability to obtain an enforceable visitation order or custody of a grandchild, I can help.
- Modifications and enforcement: When material changes in circumstances justify changes in orders for spousal maintenance, custody or visitation, I help my clients obtain modifications. I also assist clients who are not receiving court-ordered support payments.
Turn To Me, Lauren S. Cohen, For Legal Guidance You Can Trust
You can find basic information on many common concerns in my FAQs About Family Court and FAQs About Divorce pages. However, there is no substitute for a face-to-face consultation* to discuss your specific needs. To arrange a consultation with Lauren at a time that works for you please call 607-798-0088 or send an email inquiry now.
There is a modest consultation fee for divorce and family law matters.