Lauren S. Cohen
Lauren S. Cohen, Attorney at Law, has been serving the Binghamton, NY area and beyond since 1981. Lauren S. Cohen focuses on bankruptcy law and family law.
- Bankruptcy - Chapter 7 & 13, Payment Plans Available
- Divorce & Family Law - Divorce, Separation, Custody, Support, Adoption
- Wills, Healthcare Proxies, Living Wills, & Power of Attorney
Lauren Cohen is a New York Divorce and Bankruptcy Lawyer. She is a native of Long Island, graduated from Binghamton University in 1978 and received her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, in 1981 from Syracuse University. While at BU, Lauren was nominated for and entered into "Who's Who Among American College Students". During her years at Syracuse, Lauren was admitted to the Justinian Legal Honor Society and won the prestigious Lewis Appellate Competition, arguing before such notables as Potter Stewart of the United States Supreme Court, Constitutional Law Specialist Gerald Gunther and Judge Carolyn Deneen of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
After working in the District Attorney's Office and for the Office of the Corporation Counsel for the City of Binghamton, Lauren opened her own office in 1991. She obtained a Masters in Math Education from Binghamton University in 2004 and took a year to teach mathematics to Middle School students in Florida before returning to New York and her law practice. Lauren's practice focuses primarily on New York Matrimonial and Family Law and Bankruptcy Law.
Lauren is an experienced New York Divorce Lawyer and she provides all services pertaining to New York contested and uncontested divorces, separations, custody, child support, adoption and all Family Court matters. In addition, she handles, real estate transfers, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and wills for newly divorced clients. Lauren also provides legal services for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcies.
Although she retains just a hint of her Long Island accent, after 35 years in the Central New York area, Lauren considers herself a "up-stater" now.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- New York, 1981
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1981
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: Justinian Legal Honor Society
- Honors: Won the prestigious Lewis Appellate Competition
- Binghamton University
- Honors: nominated for and entered into "Who's Who Among American College Students"
- Binghamton University
- Masters in Math Education - 2004
- Divorce and Matrimonial Law
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Corporation Counsel for the City of Binghamton, District Attorney's Office